Toronto’s VJ for over 15 years, creating visuals for all type of clients – from high profile black-tie events to underground nights of coloured lights and dancing delights.
VJ Guy Bio:
Scott is a Toronto content creator and installation designer with skills in visual effects, interactivity and 3D animations. An experienced video game and software professional, Scott has worked as a 3D artist, analyst and UX designer in both a corporate and creative capacity.
After finishing his training in 3D Animation and working in R&D at 3D Software company, Alias Wavefront, Scott continued his hands-on education advancing his skills in software tools like Maya, and gaining invaluable experience with high-end prototype displays and interactive hardware. After office hours, he completed a 3D animated short film called Cosmic Ascension.
Scott first built his practical VJ knowledge by presenting visuals at a summer music and art festival, where he looped a 10-minute short on VHS connected to analog video mixers. It was at that first festival show where he met Director and VJ inspiration Peter Mettler. Since then Scott has pushed to employ cutting edge technologies in his practices. He still maintains a position as stage coordinator for the yearly festival, evolving and constantly improving his artistic installations.
Shortly after his first festival show, Scott ‘VJ Guy’ was recruited by Toronto event promoters Black Light Activists (BLA). Together they went on to do many great events, featuring the latest experimental projection effects.
Now, Scott projects his special brand of visuals all over the city, crafting custom installations for brands and clients in the most prestigious venues around Toronto like Casa Loma, Pearson International Airport and Yonge/Dundas Square. Despite these corporate successes, he continues to support the scene in which his artistry was formed – Ontario’s underground music and afterhours hotspots. ‘VJ Guy’ is known in the electronic dance and event scene for setting up custom screen installations in any environment (even the forest!) and performing beautifully themed visual journeys filled with nature, aerial photography, space flight, geometry and visionary arts. He loves showcasing his digital simulations and deep zooming fractals, customizing his visuals to suit the needs of the particular venue and the unique audience.
SELECT LIST OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS OVER THE YEARS…
THANKS TO ALL MY EXCELLENT SUPPORTERS AND PARTNERS:
- Don Good Tequila (Blue Hour Tequila events Digital Adverts and Projection Mapping)
- Casa Loma EMD (projection mapping designs)
- ORP Solstice Festival (15 years Visuals Installation Design & Entertainment Coordinator)
- Stella Artois (Projection Mapping for Grip Media),
- Day Dream Productions (Heart Of Gold party series, Opera House)
- South Asian Heritage Festival (Live Video Feeds and VJ @ Young and Dundas Square),
- Energizer Night race (3 cities cross Canada with Cirqlar events)
- OM summer solstice festival (2003 2004 BLA Stage, Interactive Installations)
- Shakti Collective events (Regular VJ over 10 years),
- Alien Influx (Harvest Festival 7 years contributor)
- Zero Gravity Circus (International Circus festival, Lunacy Cabaret + Video Editing),
- MUZIK nightclub Toronto (Resident VJ for 8 months),
- Black Light Activists (Regular VJ for many Moons)
- Lunacy Cabaret (Theatrical Projection Mapping designs)
- Deep Sea Fish (Psychedelic Trance Events)
- Canal (Live Touring Visuals),
- Samhadi Festival (3 days Quebec)
- RUS Productions (Annual Russian holiday parties)
- TMK/Rus Productions (Night Boutique fashion shows,Holiday at Guvernment)
- Carnival Electro (Original Children Production by Dan Nimmo and Scott Guy)
Scott has shared the stage with musical artists like: Canal, Sensient, Vibrasphere, Koxbox, Tegma, MOS, Tetraktas, Perfect Stranger, Penta, FM Radio Gods, Medieval Pundits, State of Bengal, Marcus Visionary, Capitol J, Dj Spins , Dj Marty Mc Fly, Dj SOS, Aerodrome, Dj Force, Darren Styles & many more.
See his complete CV here – https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-guy-8561b315/